Three Alarm Noe Street Fire 04/08/2022
Involved two Victorians (141-149 Noe at Henry) and displaced 5 residents and the restaurant Sushi Urashima. DTNA and neighbors are looking for ways to help, including setting up a GoFundMe page. Contact email@example.com for updates on how you can help.
DTNA Public In-Person Meeting Monday April 11th 7:00PM to 8:00PM:
Will be at the Café Du Nord, 2174 Market Street. This first in-person Public Meeting since February 2020 will be primarily a social event with a brief Slow Triangle report. There will be refreshments and snacks. There is no Vaccination check and Masks are optional, but strongly recommended for the unvaccinated and those who are at high risk for serious illness.
LGBTQ Cultural District 18th Street COVID TEST/VAC Hub behind Walgreens
Free COVID 19 Tests every Saturday but monthly COVID Vaccinations, including first and second Boosters. Next Vaccination dates: April 16th and May 21st. Additional Saturday Vaccination dates are under active discussion in view of recent FDA authorization of a second COVID booster for those over 50 years old or who are immune-compromised if it’s been at least four months since their last vaccination.
APRIL 16, 2022 Castro Easter Eggstravaganza Block Party
Sponsored by Castro Merchants
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM on Noe Street between Market and Beaver Streets. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Activities For the Kiddos 11 am – 2 pm and For Kids of All Ages 2 pm – 5 pm
• Easter Bonnet Contest at 4:00PM looking for the most fabulous and extravagant Easter Bonnet. Enter and you could win $500 cash prize. Sign up at https://bit.ly/35buL0w or onsite the day of the event.
• Holiday Art Mart throughout the day.
April 19, 2022, Tuesday: Special Election — Vote
• San Francisco Special Election to fill Assembly District 17 seat vacated when David Chui was appointed City Attorney.
4/20/2022 Grand Opening of Flore Store and Unveiling of Mural at 4:20PM
• Join the celebration as you visit the Castro Farmers’ Market
• Ceremony will be in the Noe-Beaver Community Garden
Castro Farmers’ Market returned April 6th
• Will continue every Wednesday 3:00 to 7:00PM through November 16th.
• Fresh produce and other edibles are back. A new bakery is working through the City’s permit process and a new hot coffee venue is in the works.
Census-based San Francisco Redistricting Map Final
• Final map keeps the Duboce Triangle and Corona Heights in District 8. https://sfelections.sfgov.org/redistricting-final-maps
April 23rd Annual McKinley DogFest in Duboce Park 11:00AM to 4:00PM
• A neighborhood tradition to support our local public school, McKinley Elementary, while celebrating the best of our beloved Duboce Park.
• Highlights of the day include a dog show with celebrity judges, carnival games, a photo booth (for humans and dogs), a chow zone, carnival food, a silent auction and live music. There is something for everyone.
• Every penny raised will go to support academic and enrichment programs for more than 250 children at McKinley Elementary. For more information about becoming a sponsor, a vendor, or donating goods or services for the silent auction, please go to https://mckinleyschool.org/dogfest/
April 27th SFPD Park Station Community Meeting
• Virtual Zoom 06:30PM to 8:00PM meeting with Captain Pedrini.
• To attend, you need to register at; http://bit.ly/ParkCommMtgApril2022
Café Flore: look for renovations to start as the new proprietor formalizes plans and permits are obtained for a food venue reportedly with a seafood emphasis similar to two venues he has in Turkey.
DTNA 14th Street Safety Project
With a little paint, 14th Street is now a safer two-lane street between Castro and Sanchez, after eliminating one of the two eastbound lanes.