After more than two year hiatus, the Castro art gallerists met last week in an undisclosed location and decided it's time to bring back this monthly event.
~12 participating art galleries and small businesses will extend their business hours to host special events and share artwork with the community. The Castro Art Walk is a self-guided tour through the best neighborhood in San Francisco. Some of the local art galleries and art spaces:
- 2358MRKT Gallery and Space originally started as Art Attack SF in 2012 and is now under new leadership by Kalie Capadonna. 2358MRKT hosts monthly group shows with some of the coolest Bay Area artists.
- MAG Galleries just opened its doors in the Castro. Their first show is focused on digitally enhanced photos by an SF-based photographer.
- Schlomer Haus is a contemporary art gallery with an emphasis on queer, underrepresented, and emerging art and artists.
- Queer A.F. is an artist-led gallery, boutique, and event space that features Bay Area art across all mediums, with a focus on the work of underrepresented, disenfranchised, and emerging local Queer artists and makers
- Art House SF is a boutique art galley with the mission to introduce more people to eclectic art from the most remote and undiscovered parts of the world. We host solo and group new exhibits every two months.