This is a work in progress, subject to further neighborhood.
The attached presentation was prepared by Martine Kushner and Eugene Lau, two UC Berkeley graduate students, working on this project under the guidance of Prof Zach Lamb and PhD student Tyler Pullen.
The document is a first attempt at summarizing the work concerned neighbors have put in to develop design solutions to areas they care about, including traffic safety, equitable access, greening and neighborhood identity. It is based on:
- 2 workshops where neighbors articulated what they cared about and proposed design interventions
- a digital neighborhood survey
- public tabling at community events including farmers market and Phoenix day block party
- direct outreach to community members who may not be able to attend any of the above to ensure an equitable representation of viewpoints
- direct outreach to merchants and concerned neighbors inside and outisde of the Duboce Triangle
Please provide further feedback:
- SPECIFIC TO THE DESIGN PRESENTATION
UC Berkeley - DRAFT CONCEPT DESIGN PRESENTATION - 20220729.pdf